Friday, November 5, 2010

This is it, again!

  In a few hours, all our hard work will come down to one evening. We'll present  ourselves to our friends and family as a Mr. & Mrs, many for the first time. I hope we don't forget a single thing, but it is inevitable that something may be left out. In fact, it's Murphy's Law. I'm not focusing on that, though, but I am acknowledging that things may not always be perfect or according to plan.

I am the only one who cares about the details.

But today is not about Shawn and me. We've had our wedding day. Today will be about sharing love with our loved ones. Its about you.

We are truly thankful to have all these wonderful people who have always been there for us, and for those who are always there for the milestones. The fact that many of you have traveled on what is still a work day to be here for us means more than you know. Shawn and I are as lucky to have you and we are lucky to have each other.

To us, a big part of being married is the people in your life as a couple.

So we are going to put on our appetites, dancing shoes and love of fun to the test. There so many cool things we've got planned, and I hope this is a memory that sticks with everyone, 'cause we'll never forget it!

My friend April, who can't be here today, wrote a sweet blog post about our friendship today. Her sentiment is heartfelt and her memory-impressive! I am going to share it with you today 'cause I'm in a loving mood!

                   A Once in A Lifetime Friend by April Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment