Monday, March 28, 2011

At least it can't get any worse

Let me tell you how my day started. There was crying. So much my face feels the sing ocean water, though I've been sitting in my kitchen all morning.

I cried to my husband.

I called my mom and cried to her.

And then I ran out of tears and decided to continue working on my portfolio.

So here I am, faced with having to look for another job, just like everyone else in the world. It's such a hopeless feeling if you let it get to you. Jobs and careers are a huge part of our identity. I've got a supportive family with lots of love, but as I cried to my mom this morning, "love doesn't pay the bills"!

I am pretty sure I'll be okay. I have a feeling this moving thing is a blessing, kind of a creeping realization that is just now hitting me in the face saying, "It's all happening!!!" (Remember Almost Famous?)

I know one thing FOR SURE. I will be wearing a white linen blazer this week, pre-Memorial day, pre- Easter even to an interview. Since we're moving to a place where people wear little white shorts year round, I am fully embracing this new identity.
I made you mine. 


Take that, feelings. You can steal my fabulousness for one morning, but I will always regain it, with the right accessories, of course.

Blazer is from Anthropologie ($98), of course.  I wasn't sure when it should make its debut from my closet, but the ladies at Very Married helped a bit.

AND OMG WE'RE MOVING IN A MONTH.







!

No comments:

Post a Comment