Sunday, September 4, 2011

Baby holding practice

  Last week I got to hold our neighbor's two week old baby girl. I've never held anything that new. It was awkward at first, especially thinking, "how would I like to be held?"  She was really squirmy, so maybe I need to reevaluate that question.

 Also, the tiny thing kept trying to nurse on my shoulder. It took me a minute to realize that she wasn't banging her head on me like that baby in The Change up.

It was adorable, even if she never found what she was looking for.

The husband is telling everyone that we'll be expanding our little family next year. Yes, we plan to get another dog, is my answer. Until then, this furry creature is our bebe:
Chilling in the shade at Markham Park.
Don't worry, mom, you'll have your grandchild one day ;)

1 comment:

  1. That rooting is the sweetest thing when it's your own baby, and it's still cute when other people's babies do it to you! Good luck to you and Shawn with your compromise of a baby or a dog--or just get one of each. =)

    ReplyDelete