Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hubby Appreciation


At work today, I found out my Hubbs had to use a personal day to deal with our kitchen sink drain. I remember him crawling into bed around 4 am last night. He had been cleaning the floors, fixing the sink, and painting the back of the house.

I decided he deserved a good comforting meal, featuring Publix fried chicken and apple pie! A carb filled dinner is permitted tonight.

Above: Breaded okra
Frozen chopped okra ( I used half a bag)
1/2 cup flour
1 egg
1/4 cup water
Pinch of coriander
1/8 teaspoon ea of black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder

Heat oil ( 1/2 cup) in a pan on medium
beat egg and water
Mix flour and seasonings
Dip okra in flour mix, shake around and shake off excess
Drop okra into egg mix
Using a fork, drop okra back into flour mix and shake
Using tongs drop in oil and fry until golden brown, turning once to fry all sides.

Enjoy!

I found a Louisiana chicken fry mix in my cupboard, but MSG was listed in the ingredients. This stuff knocks me out! Making your own breading is so simple and easy. I feel good knowing I'm feeding my family wholesome food. I feel good knowing that I won't pass out after dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment