Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tsk-Tsk



Woke up on a leisurely Saturday morning with plans to have a friend over, go to the beach, and have a couple tacos. On the way to the Mexican restaurant next door, Shawn's mom calls. They chat for a minute and then she drops the bomb:

Aren't you going to wish me a happy birthday?

The husband curses and apologizes. My eyes grown wide in disbelief. Oh no, he forgot his mom's birthday, which means we forgot his mom's birthday.

So today I made a Walgreens Photo book of her recent vacation pics. The hubbs had mentioned that she wanted something like this. It was very easy to upload and create. There was even a 40% promo in my e-mail for photo books. I made this book in 15 minutes, and told him to look at it. Which he didn't. I told him to leave his credit card and her address before he left for work, but he didn't. I really want to grab him by the shoulders and give him a big shake. Maybe something will stick!!!!

Normally, I wouldn't be so upset, but you shouldn't forget your mother's birthday. Or you wallet, or your house keys all in one week. I don't know what more to do, besides making sure he takes his vitamins, reciting his to-do list before he walks out the door, and assuring he carries a purse.

Is this normal? Or should I be worried that he'll forget to pick up Shawlani from school? Is three tasks too much for a man? Or is it my responsability to remember whatever he forgets? How can I not sound like a nag?

So many questions...

(and I'm serious about that purse!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment