Monday, April 21, 2014

Bar Cart Styling

I've been wanting a bar cart for a few months to make a decorative and purposeful statement with my bar ware.  I needed to free up space in my space in the breakfront for new glasses and dishes I got for Christmas dinner last year, also. I began on a search for bar carts, and of course, started pinning away on my Pinterest board. My dream  bar cart can be found here with it's faux gold bamboo glory and here with the big wheel, but they're not easy to find, and hundreds of $$. I decided hacking a Target cart means I have funds left to  serve up the good stuff. And you can thank me later.

    I found the Threshold for Target wood and metal cart above. It was $120 online, but I took a chance and went to the store and found one on clearance for $90. I figured this one is one of the cheapest carts I could find that wasn't a Craigslist disaster. When I check out, it rings up for $38! 

I ordered wine glass racks from Amazon for about $10. I spray them gold to co-ordinate with the cart:

To complete the look, I spray an old gifted shaker, but just the outside and the cap, for a two-toned look. Same thing with this old chair bottle opener:


Just got this Craft Cocktails book, and the pictures are amazing!
 
I'm dying to have a party, or happy hour here. Anyone free at 5 o'clock?


Need more bar cart  ideas? 

Click here to see the same cart upgraded, and here for inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment