Monday, November 15, 2010

Recap: Our "Beat it" dance & Hubbs' Beat Boy Moves

At our marriage celebration, there were some things we omitted due to the fact that we were not just married. Things like a bouquet toss, or even a bouquet, a garter, and a first dance. I'm pretty sure we've danced together since last December. Actually, I don't remember our first dance as a married couple. I guess its one of those things that were more of a societal tradition of which we wanted to come up with our own version. We dance all the time at home. Sometimes we'll break into a little boogie in the bathroom or the office.
Lifetime dance partners. Photo Courtesy of Erin Pope

Clearly, we love to dance. We decided a choreographed dance would be way cooler. This idea fits into the whole mood of Hubbs & I giving our guests something to see, since the day was more about them and our gratitude for their attendance.

We decided to do the gang knife fight scene from Michael Jackson's "Beat It." We didn't get much practicing done, but it was fun and people enjoyed it, I think!

Check out the "Beat it"video to refresh yourself on the fight scene.
Here are our moves:
They told you don't you ever come around here






Don't wanna see your face

You better disappear
The fire's in their eyes, and their words are really clear


SO BEAT IT
I fight with my tongue out.
The crowd goes NUTS





You can tell my my wet mess of a hairstyle it was  a good fight.
Did you know Shawn can breakdance? My little show pony- I have such a crush on him!





  Photos Courtesy of Nicole Freda!

No comments:

Post a Comment