Saturday, May 8, 2010

Word to my Mother

On this mother's day,

I wanted to let you know, Mommy,


that you are the most special,
generous,
warm-hearted, faithful,
kind,
and strong
person
that I have ever met.

My mom had raised two girls under the most modest conditions, working to put both my sister and I through college and beyond. I could only wish that her needs are met and all her desires are fulfilled now as she enters retirement. I strive to be the person I have seen in my mom all my life, the patient one that dealt with my hot head. I hope I will always work on being the understanding wife she tells me to be and the super-woman mother that she is.

I had the pleasure of taking care of my mom two weeks ago when she underwent a minor surgical procedure. The only time she needed my help was right after the surgery. The next day she was herself again. She is truly a super woman. She didn't even complain, even though she was in pain. She never does...In fact, I can count on one hand how many times I've heard her cuss. (And she must have been really mad.)

Now that I appreciate her gifts more, I hope I can make her feel like every day is her day. This woman has given me my life, and hers, too, and the least i can do is try to be the person she has shown me to be.
Love you mommy!




And let's not forget Shawn's mom:
She raised three kids almost on her own. I am most thankful for the gift of Shawn. I don't know she did it, but she made the most patient, and sweetest man I've ever met. With a good sense of hygiene. Aren't I lucky?!

No comments:

Post a Comment